Paid Search (PPC), Analytics & SEO Job Board
Why I created this Search Industry Job Board:
One way in which I hope to give back to the industry is by listing open jobs in our industry for SEO, PPC, Analytics, and other related jobs for search professionals.
As this is a free service, I cannot take any responsibility for the employers that post, but if you find one has posted in bad faith, please let me know.
Open Jobs in SEO, PPC and Related Disciplines
Our SEO team works closely with our editorial, product, commerce, engineering, marketing, and analytics groups to figure out ways to acquire new users from Search and to ensure the highest level of discoverability for content across digital platforms. In this role, your work will make a huge impact on all of Condé Nast’s digital sites throughout the company. We are looking for a data driven, highly organized individual with the ability to evangelize SEO best practices and new strategies across the organization. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of SEO. This is a full time position based in New York and report to the VP of Audience Development Strategy.
Why come work with us?
• The People: Our people are passionate about what they do, from the code they write to the products they create. It is routine to catch us debating about the latest trends in technology and attending meetups. We love to learn, and likewise want to teach and challenge each other to become better.
• The Data: With over 20 iconic brands in our portfolio, we see how 87+ million monthly users interact with a host of digital properties. This gives us a unique and powerful view into the rapidly changing world of how people consume content online.
• The Culture: We are committed to our users and our work, but we know we work best when we are relaxed and comfortable. We have snacks, cold brew, a pool table, and lots of fun. At least every month there is an event for all of the digital teams. From movie night to game night (XBOX much? Or maybe Texas Hold’em is more your style), we like to get to know one another and just hang.
• Manage and mentor a team of SEO Managers, SEO engineer and analyst
• Lead and develop SEO initiatives across the brand portfolio and across the organization
• Influence key stakeholders to adopt SEO best practices and to evangelize new strategies
• Partner with cross-functional teams like product, design and engineering to provide technical requirements and see them through QA & implementation
• Support SEO Managers to execute SEO initiatives including projects like keyword research, competitive research, content optimization and site improvements, as it relates to individual brands
• Ideate & create new SEO tools and products that increase team and organization efficiency
• Create reports, develop KPIs & set SEO roadmap to measure performance or propose improvements/alternative approaches
• Evangelize the importance of SEO through all areas of the business
• Keep abreast of the latest SEO developments and news, especially as it pertains to technical aspects of sites
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• 8+ years SEO experience, preferably for a major media/publishing organization
• Proven track record – Applicants must submit websites that demonstrate their SEO ability and be prepared to discuss
• Strong technical background is preferred
• Deep Passion for news is a MUST
• Adherence to the highest standards of SEO
• Familiarity with Google Analytics and SEO industry tools like Botify, SemRush, Search Metrics etc.
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to multitask
TL;DR: Ranking factors studies are detrimental to the legitimacy of our industry, and as search professionals we have a responsibility to properly interpret them for non-SEOs. [bctt tweet="Ranking factors studies are detrimental to the legitimacy of our industry, and...read more
It’s an old story, one you’ve heard before. SEOs have always struggled with how to define ourselves. Search Engine Optimization has never been a great name – after all, we don’t optimize search engines. Search Experience Optimization was bandied about for a time, even...read more